Becoming a better developer
Trying to figure out how to become a better developer? Rob Walling has some suggestions.
We all strive to become better programmers, but one of the more notable things we should strive for is to learn from everyone.
Well, I found someone who has the same beliefs as I do. Rob Walling, over at Software By Rob, has a great series of articles about becoming a better developer (Part 1 starts here). The series is broken into the following articles:
- Part 1: Making Fans
- Part 2: Know Your Core Competencies
- Part 3: Enjoy the Panorama
- Part 4: Know What You're Building
- Part 5: Don't Use a Dull Knife
- Part 6: Become a Manager
- Part 7: The Jigsaw Puzzle
- Part 8: Know Your Archetype
- Part 9: How to Criticize a Software Developer Without Getting Punched
- Part 10: What Do Your Colleagues Think of You?
I especially like Part 9. It added a little humor to the series. :-)
Great series, Rob!